Alicia Hagedorn B.Sc.P.T.
Alicia Hagedorn B.Sc.P.T., M.Cl. Sc. (Manual/Manipulative Therapy)
Certified Medical Acupuncture, Certified IMS Provider, Clinical Pilates Instructor
Co-Owner of The Physio & Massage Institute Ltd.
Alicia graduated with a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy from Queen's University in 2002. Since graduation, Alicia has committed herself to expanding her knowledge base and skill set for the purpose od providing expert level care to her clients.
From 2007 to the present she has attained certification in the following programs: (1) McMaster Contemporary Acupuncture Program (2) Intramuscular stimulation (IMS)/Trigger Point Needling for the resolution of muscle pain (3) Advanced Craniofacial Needling for treating face and jaw pain including TMJ dysfunction.
Most recently, she completed a Masters of Clinical Science from the University of Western Ontario. This graduate degree required her to complete advanced level training in anatomy and biomechanics and earns her a specialist designation within the field of orthopaedic physiotherapy.
With this designation she joins an elite group of Physiotherapists, who specialize in treating complex orthopaedic cases including spinal pain, neurological conditions and sports injuries.
Areas of Special Interest include:
- Rotator Cuff Injuries: Inflammation and Tears
- Running Injuries: Achilles tendonitis, ITB friction syndrome
- Cervical and Lumbar Radiculopathy (Sciatica) or Pinched Nerve Syndrome
- Post-Partum Health: Assisting women to regain their abdominal core after childbirth, through Physiotherapy and Clinical Pilates.
- Integrative Oncology; Managing the side effects of Cancer